Engineering Training50 Years of Commitment to Excellence
Safety Programme for Project and Construction Managers (SPCM) Course
Who can benefit from this course?
This course is designed for Construction Project Managers, Line Managers, Supervisors and anyone with Health and Safety responsibilities in the construction activities. This course cover all relevant areas of health and safety that applies to variety of construction projects.
Understand the importance of management responsibilities associated with construction projects in implementing health and safety practices in compliant with corporate and legal requirement.
English language skill level 6 or higher in IELTS, or equivalent is recommended, but not mandatory, for those whom the first language is not English.
Course Duration: 4 days
Course Timing: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Course Venue: To be confirmed by email
(This course can be delivered in-company subject to 6 weeks lead time)
- The Health and Safety Role of a Manager
- Introduction to International Legislation
- Safety Management Systems
- The consequences of getting Health and Safety wrong
- The principles of Risk Assessment
- Understanding Human Error to prevent accidents at work sites
- General and Specific Risks in the Construction and its Prevention
- Selection and Control of Contractors
- Practical Site Inspection/Report
The course will involve participants in discussions, case studies, group work and site inspection as required to help them to understand the challenges and how to manage them.
SETA will issue certificate for those who successfully completed the course and assessment.
ALL COURSE NOTES/WORK FOLDER AND REFERENCE MATERIAL ARE PROVIDED